Wednesday 20 November 2013

Evaluation

Evaluation


My film opening uses the typical eerie sound effects and a build up in suspense as a way of distinguishing what type of genre my film opening is, the opening is a horror film opening as the use of sound and heavy breathing is used to try to shock and scare the audience. my horror film opening don't rely on the typical conventions to scare the audience such as killings, jump scares.my film opening represents ethnicity particularly black people as  normally black characters are seen as side characters or the ones that are killed off first. however my film opening challenges that stereotype as the main character is black and he doesn't get killed off straight away, so this would attract a black audience to watch my horror film. my horror film opening is a psychological horror and it has the themesand conventions of a psychological horror such as a discrete figure used in my film opening but this was used to confuse and scare the audience as they would be curious as to what is behind the bush, and i leave the film opening on a cliffhanger, this also makeas the audience know what happens next.  

For my film opening I decided to use Columbia pictures industries as my institute as they are one of the most successful institutes in media and more specifically film which means they coiuld be able to develop and finance my film better than other institutions, and they have produced a number of successful horror films such as 13 ghosts, i still still know what you done last Sunday, and 30 days of night. so i thought using an institution that has got a good reputation for producing good  horror films would benifit me a great deal, that is why Columbia pictures were chosen.

The Primary target audience for my film opening would be black teenagers, as the main character is black and he is a teenager this challenges the typical stereotype of a black character as they are normally killed off first or they play a sidekick to the main character , however the film opening still attracts normal teenagers and some adults as the would have relatives buried in the cemetery, they are all the secondary target audience as they are people who are potentially interested in the film and could easily be linked to them but are not the specific group of people the distributors are targeting this is good as it widens the range of audience .I attracted my audience by using a different setting to my horror film opening as the audience were intrigued by watching a film opening set in a cemetery, the different range of shots also attracted the audience and that's what I considered when producing my film opening, and my results from the audience reaction results suggest that the range of shots and lack of dialogue is what makes the film opening good, those were key things that attracted the audience.

I have learnt how to use a digital camera, as when I was doing Gcse  I had only experienced using analogue cameras, and i've noticed that  digital cameras has better quality and the clips are sharper and it's easier to carry around a digital camera this improved the quality of my work as my film shots were a lot clearer and i am able to film more types of shots using a digital camera than when you use an analogue camera .what I learnt is that for my preliminary task is very simple as it required no real use of montage, and it didnt require a sequence it was just walking into a classroom whilst filming at a 180 degree angle,however for the main task it was a lot more challenging as I needed to film more shots and it also needed to be shots which makes sense but varied at the same time, and in the final task i had to be a lot more aware about location sound, lighting and a sense of a storyline.








  

No comments:

Post a Comment